Here's our secret sauce. (don't tell)
Plenty of apps will create work orders and show where they are on a map.
Here's what makes us different.
Ultra Flexible, No Custom Code
Elements XS is a commercial off the shelf application that includes building blocks and tools for each client to configure their own unique processes, data collection requirements, interface configuration, and much more.
Users can configure unlimited custom data fields, unlimited custom forms and custom form layouts, and unlimited custom workflow processes - all without modifying application code or requiring custom application development.
Elements XS also includes many options for pre configured templates and workflows to streamline deployment the process.
Design Your Own Workflows
Trigger an unlimited number of user-defined events, actions, notifications, and more when user-defined scenarios occur throughout Elements XS.
Elements XS users can define their own scenarios and tailor the application to streamline individual workflow processes. Common examples of user-defined workflows include:
Multi Asset Automation via GIS
- Select multiple types of assets consisting of multiple feature classes and create Service Orders for all assets at once.
- Auto-add labor, materials, and equipment costing data based on feature class data across multiple feature classes at once.
- Notify a supervisor when a job has been completed and requires review.
- Notify a citizen when a ticket they’ve submitted is in progress or has been completed.
- Notify field staff when work has been assigned to them
Follow Up Actions
- Auto-generate a Service Order Task for the Streets Department to patch the road when the Water Department has completed a mainline repair
- Auto-generate a Service Order to send the Mechanical Rodding Vehicle to a sewer line when an inspection indicates the line should be rodded.
- Auto-schedule routine maintenance activities based on data collected during inspections
- Auto-schedule a leak repair follow up once a leak repair has been completed
Other Common Examples
- Analyze user-defined datasets to trigger user-defined events
- Automate job routing and user, crew, and contractor assignments based on the type of work and/or geography parameters
- Streamline data collection by creating user-defined data collection forms
The Workflow Designer is an application included with Elements XS that provides customers with a drag and drop interface to create unique workflows. An unlimited number of workflows can be created and associated to Service Order Tasks, maintenance activities, and other user-defined forms such as permits, licenses, inspections, and more.
Workflow Process Manager
The Workflow Process Manager, included with Elements XS, is an application that processes workflows on set intervals. These workflows may be used to process data from external data sources such as SCADA, one-call tickets (811 systems), and much more.
Simplified Service Orders
Elements XS utilizes a single document type, called a Service Order, to reduce the learning curve and eliminate confusion regarding which type of document should be created under which scenario. Service Orders in Elements XS combine features from and replace documents known in other applications as Service Requests, Work Orders, Inspections, Work Requests, Maintenance Requests, Preventive Maintenance Records (PMs), and more.
A Service Order in Elements XS tracks the problem, the resolution to the problem, labor, materials, equipment usage and much more. Service Orders also contain unlimited data user-defined data collection fields based on the type of work being performed and are used for asset inspections, recurring maintenance activities, preventive maintenance activities and more.
Tailored User Interface
Elements XS utilizes a unique Workspaces concept. This principle allows different users to access different application interfaces, each interface tailored to meet the unique needs of specific job functions. For example, staff in the office creating and dispatching work may utilize an interface designed specifically to streamline those particular processes, while field staff have access to an interface designed specifically to optimize the process of completing work that has been assigned. Inventory managers have access to workspaces designed for managing stock levels and inventory consumption, while other managers may choose to utilize the Analytics Workspace, intended to optimize report access and generation.
Workspaces are tailored interfaces designed around specific job functions. Each user may access any of the required workspaces, depending on user permissions and job function requirements.
- Reduce training time for field staff with a streamlined interfaces
- Improved user experience with reduced screen clutter
- Improved performance with optimized interface per job function
The Office Workspace is primary workspace used by the majority of Elements XS users. This workspace is designed around office administrators, customer service representatives, supervisors, managers, and other staff who typically spend their day in the office. Key functionality includes a GIS integration and tools to log requests, assign and schedule work, review and close Service Orders, access reports, and generally manage all assets with their associated work.
The Mobile Workspace is optimized for tablet use and is designed around typical job functions of a field technician or operator. The Mobile Workspace includes a live GIS integration as well as tools to quickly find and close out Service Order Tasks that have been assigned to individual users.
Tools to add labor, materials, and equipment, attach photos, and report problems discovered in the field are primary features of the Mobile Workspace.
The Inventory Workspace is designed for inventory managers and staff who are responsible for managing materials coming in and going out of inventory storage locations. Multiple warehouses can be managed and tools are provided to purchase and receive materials, transfer materials to vehicles, manage stock levels, track vendors, audit inventory levels and more.
The Dispatch Workspace is built to streamline the process of balancing the workload and quickly assign work to individual users. This workspace is typically used by dispatchers and office staff who are responsible for assigning work and ensuring that tasks are completed in the appropriate timeframe.
The Analytics Workspace provides direct access to specific reports and dashboards based on user login. This provides managers, analysts, and administration with quick access to reports that are important to the individual user without having to navigate other areas of the Elements XS application or sort through reports that are not of value to that individual user.
The Contractor Workspace allows contractors to login and view their assigned work, without having access to the rest of the application. This interface includes a GIS integration and is designed to be used by external contractors to streamline the process of completing their assigned work.
The Citizen Workspace allows citizens to create an account, report incidents, and receive notifications as their submitted requests are processed. These requests are proceeded directly into Elements XS where they can be reviewed, escalated if necessary, and properly managed.
Unlimited Custom Forms
Elements XS contains a dynamic data management technology that allow users to define an unlimited number of custom fields with an unlimited number of custom form layouts to suit the unique needs of specific processes within an organization.
Based on the type of work being performed, users can add as many user-defined fields as they’d like and decide how those fields should be presented to the end user. Elements XS allows full usage of HTML5 controls for picklists, sliders, date selectors, and other user interface tools to streamline data collection methods. System administrators can decide which fields are required and which values on the form may trigger follow up actions or events in other areas of the application.
Users can also generate data collection forms that may not necessarily be related to Service Orders - such as permits, licenses, and inspections. These custom forms are user-generated and can trigger events (such as Service Orders) or notifications when any user-defined criteria or scenario occurs within the application.
- Collect all of the data you need without limitations on number or types of custom fields • Create an unlimited number of custom form layouts to simplify the user interface
- Enforce required fields
- Reduce the time required to fill out data collection forms
- Analyze and perform calculations based on user-defined custom data
Unlimited Custom Data Fields
Elements XS allows users to create and utilize as many custom data fields as necessary. These fields can be applied to Service Orders (based on the type of work being performed) or other data collection forms such as permits, licenses, inspections, and more.
Users can perform calculations and analysis on custom fields, define which fields are required, define how the fields are presented to the users (via custom form layouts) and utilize custom fields to trigger follow up actions and events throughout the software.
Unlimited Custom Action Triggers
Set user-defined criteria to trigger user-defined actions and events throughout the application. Unique to Elements XS is the ability for users to create their own unique parameters and conditions to trigger their own unique series of follow up events.
- A few common examples of action triggers that can be configured in Elements XS include:
- Notify other departments when work has been completed
- Auto-generate Service Orders and follow up tasks when user-defined conditions are met
- Auto-adjust maintenance schedules based on asset condition and inspection scoring information
- Automatically re-assign work to balance the workload based on the type of work, geography, priority, and other conditions
Users can create custom workflows using a drag and drop interface to automate and streamline processes. These workflows can be used to trigger follow up events, route work to designated personnel, send notifications, and much more. These user-generated custom workflows can be applied to any scenario and provide an unmatched level of customization throughout the application.
- Guide users through unique processes based on any event or condition
- Generate follow up actions and routine maintenance activities based on data collected in other areas of the software
- Automatically notify other departments or users when user-defined scenarios occur
- Automate follow up actions and notifications based on any event or condition
- Use a drag and drop interface to create custom workflow processes
Elements XS includes a workflow processing engine that allows users to analyze data from any combination of third party applications and/or datasets to trigger events within Elements XS based on criteria from these external sources. Common uses of the workflow processor include 811 automation (for one-call locates / tickets), SCADA system integrations (to trigger Service Orders when alarms are issued), and fleet management (trigger vehicle maintenance Service Orders based on fuel consumption or other criteria).
- Create Elements XS Service Orders based on information collected in other applications
- Easily integrate SCADA, 811, fleet management systems and more
- Use information from any third-party application to automatically trigger any Elements XS event